The WHO BMI calculator is a useful tool to determine if you are within the healthy weight range. It is important to know what the ideal weight is for your height and build. BMI can be used as a predictor of health risks, particularly for people with obesity.
BMI stands for Body Mass Index and uses weight and height to determine your body fat composition. The BMI is calculated by dividing your weight in kilograms by height in meters squared. For example: BMI = Weight / Height2.5
HOW TO CALCULATE YOUR BODY MASS INDEX THROUGH WHO BMI CALCULATOR
In order to calculate your body mass index (BMI), you will need to know your weight and height. BMI is calculated by dividing your weight in kilograms by your height in meters squared. The result is calculated as a percentage.
For example, a BMI of 30 means that you weigh in at 30 kg and are 1.80 meters tall.
BMI CLASSIFICATION TABLE
|Less than 18.5||Underweight|
|From 18.5 to 25||Normal weight|
|From 25 to 30||Overweight|
|Greater than 30||Obese weight|
BMI Classifications for Men
|20 – 39||Less than 8%||8% to 21%||21% to 26%||Greater than 26%|
|40 – 59||Less than 11%||11% to 23%||23% to 29%||Greater than 29%|
|60 – 79||Less than 13%||13% to 25%||25% to 31%||Greater than 31%|
BMI Classifications for Women
|20 – 39||Less than 21%||21% to 33%||33% to 39%||Greater than 39%|
|40 – 59||Less than 23%||23% to 35%||35% to 41%||Greater than 41%|
|60 – 79||Less than 25%||25% to 38%||38% to 43%||Greater than 43%|
WHAT IS THE IDEAL WEIGHT?
When it comes to weight, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. What may be the “ideal” weight for one person may be too heavy or too light for another. However, there are general guidelines that can help you determine a healthy weight range for you.
- One way to determine if you are at a healthy weight is to calculate your body mass index (BMI). BMI is a measure of body fat based on height and weight. A BMI of 18.5 to 24.9 is considered normal, 25 to 29.9 is overweight, and 30 or more is obese.
- Another way to determine if you are at a healthy weight is to measure your waist circumference. Women with a waist circumference of more than 35 inches and men with a waist circumference of more than 40 inches are considered at risk for health problems related to obesity. For the purposes of this article, BMI and waist circumference are used interchangeably.
What Are Some Common Causes Of Being Overweight Or Obese?
In the United States, more than one-third of adults are obese. Obesity increases the risk for many diseases, including heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and cancer. What are some common causes of being overweight or obese?
- One common cause of being overweight or obese is consuming too many calories. This can be from eating foods high in empty calories, such as sugary drinks and snacks, or from not getting enough exercise.
- Another common cause is genetics. Some people are simply predisposed to being overweight or obese because of their genes. Hormonal disorders, such as hypothyroidism and Cushing’s syndrome, can also lead to weight gain.
ALSO CHECK: PROTEIN INTAKE CALCULATOR, HOW TO CALCULATE PROTEIN INTAKE
How Can You Lose Weight?
In this fast-paced world, it seems like everyone is always in a hurry to lose weight. But with so much conflicting information out there, it can be tough to know how to go about it. Here are some tips on how you can start losing weight today.
- One of the most important things to remember when trying to lose weight is that slow and steady wins the race. You’re not going to see results overnight, so don’t get discouraged if you don’t lose weight immediately. Just focus on making small changes that will add up over time.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that diet and exercise go hand in hand. You can’t expect to lose weight by just dieting; you need to be active as well. And you don’t need to spend hours at the gym every day; even moderate activity can help you lose weight.
- Don’t forget to drink water. You should drink at least eight glasses of water each day, and that will help you lose weight. Keep a full glass of water next to your bed and sip throughout the day.
- Another easy way to lose weight is by doing squats. Keep reading to discover how you can do squats at home, and what they can do for your weight loss.
ALSO CHECK: BODY FAT CALCULATOR, HOW TO CALCULATE YOUR BODY FAT PERCENTAGE